Wow! 2018 is here and the days have just flown by. 2017 was not a good year for blogging or comic reviews that’s for sure. I hope this year will be better. I’ve read a ton of stuff but just couldn’t find the time or motivation to write last year. I changed the background on the site today and need to do a lot of updating. I wonder if my followers have all given up on me? Haha, well I can’t blame them if they have. Lets have a great year everyone! 🙂
Thank you DrAwkto @ The Inky Awkto for nominating me for this book tag! 🙂
Display the award on your blog.
Announce your win with a post link the blogger who awarded you.
Present 6 deserving bloggers with the award.
Link your awardees in the post and let them know of their being awarded.
Write seven interesting things about you
Seven interesting things about me…. hmmm… I guess this is a relative question but here goes.
- The first comic I ever remember buying new was a Wonder Woman comic, but I didn’t end up liking it very much. I just couldn’t understand why the Amazons didn’t want to fall in love with a man and live happily ever after. They seemed to be a bunch of hateful weirdoes to me.
- I voted in the infamous should we kill Robin poll, but because I was a little kid I was confused because I thought the Robin they were going to kill was Dick Grayson.
- I constantly check to make sure that the house doors are locked and that I haven’t left the stove on, if the thought crosses my mind while I’m in bed I have to get up and check or I absolutely cannot sleep.
- When I was a kid I would sometimes sleepwalk, and once woke up in the middle of the night laying down in the woods behind our house. Terrifying.
- In grade school when my class went to Atlanta for a field trip I ditched my group, and went to the museum of natural science by myself… nobody noticed and I met back up with them at the meet up spot without a hitch… sometimes I’m amazed I’m still alive.
- I’m kind of minimalist about clothing. I only own like 4 pairs of blue jeans and a few pair of really comfortable shoes. I have a good many shirts like superhero t-shirts I’ve collected but own only two dress up outfits — one suitable for funerals and one suitable for weddings.
- I love big, juicy historical romance novels that are set in the regency era, the less politically correct they are the better.
Well, that was all I could really think about saying about myself. I don’t really know who to tag for this but if you read this and you like to do it please consider yourself tagged by me, and enjoy! 🙂
Hi, guys! I wanted to thank everyone who has followed my blog recently. Here are a few things going on with me…
So, what am I doing in April?
Well for starters I’ve started a second blog on WordPress called Beauty Adventures Blog where I talk about well you know things like nail polish, shampoo, and makeup. What?!? Natalie does something besides read comic books? You know I’m a girl right?
I’ve also been working on my little garden but they are still predicting frost this weekend so I’ve held off on getting my plants still. If the weather is good enough tomorrow I’ll set up the last of my tomato and bean cages.
And what about comics? Well, I’ve got 16 graphic novels that I need to post reviews for ASAP, so I will be trying to knock those out in the next few weeks.
I also got an audiobook approval for Crimson Son by Russ Linton, a superhero prose novel that I’ve started and seems quite promising so far; –but of course I will reserve judgement until I’ve finished the book.
I have a ton of backlogged book reviews I need to catch up on and I still feel at about 50% capacity to do anything. I’m so tired and it’s pretty hard to string any coherent thoughts together. That could be because I’m loaded on medicine. This is the fourth time I’ve been on antibiotics in a relatively short period of time.
My son had outpatient surgery this week to put tubes in his ears because of the chronic ear infections he’s had all fall and winter. He, my husband, and I have just been passing this crud back and forth to each other for months on end now. I’m exhausted — I think I’ve spent the better part of the last two weeks laying on my couch in pain and misery.
Four days into this last round of meds and I am actually beginning to feel a tad bit better. I can mostly breath through my nose now which is a vast improvement. I’m sleeping a little bit better because the coughing is less. Now if the never ending headache would abate I’d be at like 65%…
On a positive note I did score 3 of the new DC Superhero Girls Dolls that I’m pretty excited about and I’ve got a lot of reading to catch up on. Hopefully I’ll be back to posting reviews and things by the end of the week; and I hope you are all doing well.