Late getting my comics this week, cause I’m broke at the moment. Also, still a bit behind on reading my comics and having to look at reducing my monthly pulls for a little while. Being an adult is such a bummer sometimes, with all those bothersome little things like keeping a roof over your head, and wheels on your Jeep. Sigh.
Now I’m trying to access which titles I’m currently reading that will likely cost me the least amount of money as back issues… or which comics I just have to have right away… or… I really find it hard to decide. Anyway here were the books I had put on my pull list for this week:
Pulled [Books I preordered.]:
- Aquaman #15 [This came to a pretty good stopping point. Also, some of the facial art is a bit awkward looking.]
- Batman #15 [Honestly never been much of Catwoman fan but just love Tom King’s writing so much. Feel like the art style really worked well in this issue.]
- Green Arrow #15 [Good stuff. Awesome page layouts and dynamic action scenes.]
- Green Lanterns #15 [A little bit after school special-ish but still really ended up liking it.]
- Justice League Of America The Ray Rebirth #1 [Well told, it caught my interest and made me want to know more about the character.]
- Nightwing #13 [Eeehhh… can’t really pin down how I feel about this story.]
- Superman #15 [From the pages of Multiversity…!]
Passed On [Books I had no interest in.]:
- Cave Carson Has A Cybernetic Eye #4
- Harley Quinn #12
- Justice League Vs Suicide Squad #5 (of 6)
- Kamandi Challenge Special #1
- Suicide Squad Most Wanted El Diablo And Amanda Waller #6 (of 6)
- Super Powers #3 (of 6)
To the Back Issue List [Books I wanted but I had to draw the line somewhere. I’ll buy you when I have some extra cash, promise!]:
- He-Man Thundercats #4 (of 6)
- Justice League #13
- Raven #5 (of 6)
- Trinity #5
8 Books this week! Yay, DC Comics! In the order that I liked them…
Natalie’s Comic Rankings for 7/06/2016
- Future Quest #2
- Batman #2
- Superman #2
- Green Arrow #2
- Justice League Rebirth #1
- Green Lanterns #2
- The Flintstones #1
- Aquaman #2
And the briefest of thoughts about each book:
- Ok, Flintstones #1 — Not what I was expecting I guess; it’s sorta dark, but I still liked it. I just expected something a little lighter.
- Batman #2 was really intriguing – Gotham and Gotham Girl, could they be Kryptonians?Maybe the old Nightwing and Flamebird? Just one of several possibilities at this point. Starting to lead into the upcoming Monster Men crossover.
- Future Quest #2 is moving along at a fast pace, but it feels so short. I need more of this one.
- Green Lanterns #2 was pretty good. I’m digging the personal aspects of this more than the Red Lantern stuff that’s going on.
- Superman #2 continues the Son of Superman story. I liked it.
- Justice League Rebirth #1 – Kind of sets of the tone on the team at the moment with the addition of the two new Green Lanterns and how everyone feels about the Superman situation.
- Aquaman #2 was ok but still isn’t hooking me in.
- Green Arrow #2 was good. It’d be nice if he hooks up with Black Canary and Diggle soon.
Just five issues this week for me… and they are all DC books. And how do I rank them you ask?
Natalie’s Comic Rankings for 6/22/2016
- Flash #1
- Detective Comics #935
- Action Comics #958
- Wonder Woman #1
- Aquaman #1
Flash was my favorite of the week because it felt like it flowed the best. Detective Comics is slowly gaining my interest, but I’m not sure how I feel about the mud room. Action Comics is still holding my interest with the mysteries there. I felt a little lost with the Wonder Woman issue, probably because I’m just not that familiar with her supporting cast. Aquaman felt slow to me and a bit frustrating like you just want them to hurry up and get to something interesting; this title might lose me if they don’t pick up the pace.
On a personal collecting note, I finally spent a day this week trying to gather up all of the comics that are presently in my home and organise them a little in anticipation of starting the cataloging process. — The problem is way worse than I thought… I bought 5 short boxes, 300 bags, and 300 boards to start with. I used them all and still have loose books lying around. I haven’t even gotten over to my parents house to go through those books yet, or the ones in my storage unit. I’m going to go broke just bagging/boarding/boxing them all.
It’s new comic book day! Mostly reading the DC Rebirth storylines this week. So first let me rank these comics in the order that I enjoyed them the most.
Natalie’s Comic Rankings for 6/8/2016
Action Comics #957
The Flash Rebirth #1
Wonder Woman Rebirth #1
Aquaman Rebirth #1
Detective Comics #934
Wacky Raceland #1
And briefly some thoughts about these issues. Wacky Raceland was a little too grim-dark for me. Detective Comics just didn’t do anything standout, kind of feel meh about the character line up. Aquaman was ok but seemingly written for absolute new readers, nothing exciting for old fans but good if you knew nothing about the character. The other three were hard to rank, all of them introduced interesting plot threads, and I’m really looking forward to the continuations of those books.
This week I got a mystery box of 50 dc comics off of ebay. They are all New 52 books. I haven’t had a chance to sit down and read any of them yet but they cost less than $1 each. Looks like I got a small run of Swamp Thing so I might read those first. I was sorta surprised the seller included a few #0 and #1 issues.