Walmart had the Swamp Thing 100 page giants out today when I dropped in to pick up some snacks. Still no sight of the issue #4s of Superman and Justice League of America.
The Swamp Thing giant would make a great stocking stuffer or gift because all of the stories in it are self contained. Did I mention; the whole thing has awesome art and the colors are super vibrant; even those 1970’s comics look amazing. This book had eight stories in it, all of which were new to me because I didn’t own any of the original print issues.
- Hollow by Brian Azzarello and Greg Capullo. Basicly Swamp Thing vs these little goule things out in the woods. [New]
- The Pumpkin Sinister by Dan Didio and Ian Churchill. Enchantress and Blue Devil vs. a pumpkin monster summoned via pet sacrifice. [DC Universe Infinite Halloween Special #1]
- Taert Ro Kcirt by Paul Dini and Dustin Nguyen. A tale of drug laced candy. [DC Universe Infinite Halloween Special #1]
- Strange Cargo by Steve Niles and Dean Ormston. Superman vs. Zombies. [DC Universe Infinite Halloween Special #1]
- The Ballad of Jonathan Crane by Mike Way and Mateus. Sort of a retelling of The Legend of Sleepy Hollow. [DC Universe Halloween Special #1]
- Night Gods by J. Michael Straczynski and Jesus Saiz. Underwater horror is always a bit extra freaky to me. [The Brave and the Bold #32]
- Night of the Reaper by Denny O’Niel, Neal adams and Dick Giordano. This one’s got vintage Batman and Robin with all the trappings. Bonus points for managing to work Nazis in there. [Batman #237]
- Swamp Thing by Len Wein and Berni Wrightson. The classic origin story. [House of Secrets #92]