Ok so I just got the app downloaded and installed and have been looking through it. Ugh. I am seriously disappointed. There really just isn’t a lot in there. I really, really hope they are planning to make regular expansions or switch the stuff out if that’s all they are going to offer at one time. This probably isn’t like the most organized post I’ve ever made, but here are some points.
- The selection of comics is way smaller than I thought it would be.
- At the top of the comic list page it says,” The full DC Comics digital library will be available for purchase in October.” — PURCHASE? WTF? That really annoyed me. I’m pretty sure now that there will not be any sizable amount of readable comics available.
- A lot of the comics available to read are just a few of the first issues. I’m pretty sure all they want to do is sell you the rest of the storylines. NOT COOL — and a lot of that stuff is probably free to read on Comixology already.
- I think I counted 23 movies. Mostly animated. Live action are the 4 older Superman Movies.
- 9 TV Series. Mostly really old ones.
- 12 animated series.
That new content can’t come quick enough if they plan of keeping this afloat and they really need to add more diverse catalog of available comics with consecutive runs available to read. Frankly if I hadn’t paid for a year’s sub I would just sign up for a month after the new shows air and just binge watch them. I don’t think it’s enough content for the price. What do you guys think?
Update: Ok, after going out of the app and going back into it to read something else. I’m seeing a lot more comics than I was originally seeing. That’s good, I guess maybe that means that they are sill adding stuff to the app or maybe it’s got a few bugs to work out. I’m seeing some older titles that I’ve never read, I feel a bit better about it now. Because at first I was only seeing like maybe 100 comics total and I was upset.